The wisdom of the ancient traditions is returning to our modern world to assist us in bringing balance and unity to all of life. This ancient tradition believes everything has spirit and is alive. Shamanic practices help you to gain experiences to open doors to the spirit world and enable you to bring that guidance and wisdom into your everyday life.
Shamanic healings are performed to deal with spiritual illness. In my opinion, all illness starts in the spiritual body and travels toward the physical body if not healed.
There are 3 common illnesses in the shaman’s worldview:
- A person who has lost his or her power
- Soul loss
- Spiritual blockage
A loss of power may look like depression, chronic illnesses, the same pattern happening over and over that doesn’t seem to change no matter what you do. It could also be an idea or belief that life is just hard and you have to do with all the unfortunate experiences that come your way.
Soul loss can occur during an emotional or physical trauma such as accidents, surgeries, abuse that resulted in dissociation, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, immune deficiency problems, addiction or unending grief. Soul loss can prevent us from creating healthy relationships and the life we truly wish to live.
Spiritual blockages or negative energies occur when the client has experienced soul loss and may be open to negative energies that are present. These blockages cause illness usually localized in a specific area of the body. It’s the role of the shaman to remove those dense energies from the body.
As a shamanic healing deals with the spiritual aspects of illness, there is no way to predict the results that will manifest emotionally or physically. Shamanic healing does not replace the need for traditional psychological or medical treatment.
A shamanic session will consist of energy work on the table fully clothed. While there will be some discussion before and after the session, most of the session is silent as we will both be a on a journey. The session will bring a great deal to the surface and integration will happen over days or even weeks. Some follow up will be suggested, perhaps required.
Incorporating the ancient practices of the shaman into modern life can have profound effects on your spiritual, emotional and physical well-being. For those interested in learning the ways of the shaman, I will soon be offering a training course exploring the many aspects of these practices, including:
- How shamanism fits into your life
- How to bring shamanic practices to everyday practical life
- Dreaming the dream – creating your reality
- Being at one with all life
- Energy –Kawsay: Light energy – Sami, Dark energy – Hucha
- Clearing your energy field; letting go of hucha, raising your sami
- Connecting with your celestial soul self, and grounding into the mother earth.
- Connecting your Allies and Power Animals
- Invoking the power of the Elements – Earth, Wind, Water, Fire
- Creating an altar
- Shamanic tools for healing
- Full moon and new moon ceremony
- How to journey
- Divination tools and trusting your intuition
- Walking the Medicine Wheel
- The East – New Beginnings and Awareness
- The South – Heart and Community
- The West – Harvest And Release
- The North – Regeneration, Claiming Your Inner Power and Right timing
- Above/Father Sky – Celestial Support from the Heavens
- Below/Mother Earth – Connecting with the Great Mother, Grounding, Support in the Physical World
- Great Spirit – Oneness with the Great One and all life